Focus on Eco Friendly Homes in Perth during September’s Sustainable House Day
Many property owners are recognising need to think green – not just for the environment but also to save money.
With Enviro Week commencing August 20 and sustainable house day on the ninth of September Perth rain water tank expert Liza Joubert said it is a perfect time to focus on environmentally friend products available in the home building and renovation market.
“There is an ongoing shift towards people wanting to use natural free energy sources when building or renovating,” said Ms Joubert.
“I’m calling on all home owners to think more about the energy we use and waste in our homes and how we can change our wasteful ways,” she said.
“There is a huge variety of green products available and most people don’t realise that eco-friendly does not mean more expensive.”
“With Sustainable house day falling in to the middle of winter, we often don’t think about the harsh summer that is ahead.”
“But we all really need to start preparing now to save water and become more energy efficient.”
Ms Joubert said sustainable house day is the time to consider the eco products available for the home such as:
- Rain harvesting tanks: This means free and good quality and the opportunity to save money on water usage bills
- Solar energy: For the home or pool heating this is the perfect way to save money and power
- Shower heads and new dual flush toilets: These save water in the home
- Water wise gardens: Choosing plants and landscaping that suits the hot summers is the best way to save water
- Insulation: saving energy and save on your power usage bill
“With the increases in utility bills, there is a real movement towards educating consumers about being more environmentally friendly in their homes and choosing green products.
For more tips to save water and green products see www.jojotanks.com.au
Liza Joubert 0410132987 firstname.lastname@example.org www.jojotanks.com.au